cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <>
Subject Re: R:R:pathargs problem
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:22:13 GMT

> Then I'm sorry but we just found a XSLT spec bug :)
> it should really be "xsl:version" since otherwise we don't know whose
> version that is.

One assumes that if an attribute is not namespaced, it is "owned" by the
element.  Therefore, I don't think there is any ambiguity about who's
version it is.  (The same is not true with simple LRE stylesheets, where
clearly the version attribute must be namespaced).

Or is there some spec out there somewhere that specifies version
attributes, that I'm not aware of?  I didn't think this was either part of
the Infoset spec, Namespace spec, or XML spec, but I could be wrong.  I
guess maybe it should be part of one of those specs.

View raw message