cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerard van Enk" <gerard.van....@eo.nl>
Subject RE: Cocoon2 & Avalon
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2000 07:03:40 GMT
> > I've got a question about the relationship between Cocoon2 and
> Avalon. Is
> > Cocoon2 going to use all the Avalon-interfaces? I also heard
> something about
> > an 'org.apache.arch'-package, is this Avalon or is it a part of Avalon
> > that's gonna be used in other projects (like Cocoon2)?
>
> Not all of them.... But some... I'm rewriting the alpha-0 using them...

And will Cocoon be the component-manager or will Cocoon be a component
itself so it can be used by other programs that use the Avalon-framework???
I think something like the last option can be very usefull, people can add
their own components that can be used inside the Cocoon-components (like
inside XSP-taglibraries) by adding them to the upper framework.....Or could
these components just be added to the Cocoon configuration-file?

Gerard