cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <Andy.Le...@NSMG.VERITAS.com>
Subject RE: Variations on a theme by Cocoon
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:24:09 GMT
I have Cocoon 1.5 running on an internal server - NT 4, Netscape 3.63, JRun
2.3.3, Sun JDK 1.2.2, COMPAQ Proliant 1600  Dual Pentium II 300, 512M RAM,
and about 37G of RAID 5 disk on a caching SMART Array controller. The web
site is about 2000 pages. With only a dozen people browsing it regularly, we
get out of memory errors, and dismal performance. We also have a somewhat
complex XSLT transformation going on - about 500 lines of templates totaling
about 30k with lots of conditionals....

That's as close to a large production site as I get with it. We actually
produce static HTML files to dump onto the production web servers.

I have another smaller site on a Celeron 333 running Linux, IBM JDK 1.1.8,
with a Sybase backend however. It is a much smaller site, with a much
simpler stylesheet, but far more dynamic, and it runs great.

Andy Lewis
VERITAS Software, Heathrow, Florida
Voice:  407-531-7584  -  Fax:  407-531-7686  -  Cell:  407-718-4718
Pager:  4077184718@mobile.att.net  -  EMail:  andy.lewis@veritas.com
<mailto:andy.lewis@veritas.com>

" Some days, it is best to keep reality at arms length..."