cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jerm <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Form handling in Cocoon
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:54:51 GMT
Dear All,

I want to get my head around how HTML Form handling should happen in Cocoon.
Primarily for the Bugoon project.

The whole process of having interactive forms on a site involves (in a formal
sense) several different roles, regardless of where the information is going.

Working out what data to ask for, checking it, transforming it, saving it
somewhere, the look and feel of the form, what extra content comes with it, how
error correction and editing work, the URLs etc etc.

Initially it would be useful to sort out what roles are active and what tasks
they handle.

With a better understanding of the management implications of having forms on
your site, it could provide clues as to how the appropriate separations of logic
content and style can be achieved.

Any help would be most appreciated.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design