cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Lavoie <philippe.lav...@cactus.ca>
Subject RE: RFC: Cocoon, an XML Publishing Infrastructure (v0.1) [LONG]
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 17:58:19 GMT

Yet you go on trips to sell Cocoon :)

> Cocoon doesn't replace CORBA. In fact, what I did in Germany last week
> was porting Cocoon ideas into a CORBA based distributed information
> system. And if you think Cocoon is ahead of time, look at
> this: they are
> going to build an MPEG2 formatter! yes, guys, cocoon on your set-top
> box!

Cool shit.

However CORBA's IDL can be expressed with XML, couldn't one see CORBA has
one way to implement a XML schema that represent application interaction ?

> > Have fun and give me as much comments as you can.
> My name is Stefano, damn it!!!

Damn... I get to screw up the author's name. This is not embarassing at
all. Noooo... Everything's fine ;)

Sorry S.

Phil 'who shall do copy-paste on names from now on'