cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: xalan namespace not found
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:34:00 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:
> 
>> This has nothing to do with your problem, it referes to the namespace axes,
>> as in select="namespace::foo".  It has since been implemented.
>> 
>> Your error seems strange, and I've not seen it before.  We just did some
>> work on the namespace handling in stylesheets (namely for performance
>> reasons), so perhaps this is fixed.
>> 
>> -scott
>> 
> I just dropped in xalan_0_19_5 into Cocoon and restarted and got the same
> message:
> 
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: ElemTemplateElement error: Can
> not resolve namespace prefix: java
> at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(Compiled Code)
> at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.processStylesheet(Compiled Code)
> at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(Compiled Code)
> at org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer.transform(Compiled
> Code)

OK - I figured it where it's getting hosed up. In my stylesheets I have
includes at the bottom of every stylesheet to include templates that all
pages use.  These included pages have java namespace calls in them and the
stylesheet apparently needs the namespace in the declaration or it doesn't
work.  In the 0.19.2 release this wasn't the case.   I'm not sure whether
this is to spec or not but adding the namespace to all imported and included
stylesheets fixed it...and holy crap.. there has been a 4x speed increase in
my cocoon output times... My pages where rendering steadily at around 1000ms
and now they're down at 250ms!!!   You all are doing an amazing job!!

Yeeeehaaaww!!



Mime
View raw message