cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject disable-output-escaping
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 00:54:02 GMT
Does anyone know if the " disable-output-escaping" attribute is supported in
Xalan? (i'm using 0.19.2)

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly but I'm trying to access data from
some older classes that return an HTML snippet as a String such as this:

"<TABLE WIDTH="100" CELLPADDING="0" BGCOLOR="#CCCCCC">
    <TR>
        <TD ALIGN="CENTER">
            ....DATA...
       </TD>
    </TR>
</TABLE>"

So in my XSP i do this:

<LEGACY_TABLE>
    <xsp:expr>oldObject.toHTMLString()</xsp:expr>
</LEGACY_TABLE>

and then this in my stylesheet

<TABLE BORDER="1">
    <TR ALIGN="CENTER">
        <TD>
            <xsl:value-of select="LEGACY_TABLE"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
        </TD>
    </TR>
</TABLE>

But it doesn't appear to work.  I don't get an error but the HTML appears as
text inside the HTML document that has been created by the transformation.

any help would be appreciated.

mike