cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: XSL/xalan and Localization
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2000 21:46:39 GMT
brian moseley wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:
>
>> 1) There are ways you can set up name-value dictionaries
>> via xsl:key for external XML files.  So you could set up
>> an XML file with your string properties, index them via
>> the document() function and xsl:key, then use the
>> system-property() function (or a stylesheet parameter)
>> to lookup which string to use.  I could probably set up
>> an example of doing this, if you want to pursue it,
>> though I'm pretty busy this week.
>
> i'd love to see an example.

Yeah I tried figuring this out didn't get anywhere so for now I built a tag
extension to handle it.  I couldn't believe how easy it was to build a Xalan
extension!! :-)

Anyway, when you get a chance, showing an example use of xsl:key, document()
and system-property() for something like localization would be very helpful.

Mike