cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Michael <Michael....@icl.com>
Subject RE: SAT API Proposal (Draft 3) - NodeInputSource
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:29:54 GMT
NodeInputSource
===============

I think we've got the class hierarchy wrong here. NodeInputSource isn't a
subclass of InputSource in any meaningful sense: current code written to
work with an InputSource will not work if a NodeInputSource is supplied
instead. For example, how is a NodeInputSource supposed to satisfy:

    parser.parse(inputSource.getSystemId());

Specifically, an InputSource in SAX is a source of bytes or characters
representing a serial XML document, it is not a source of SAX events.

I think we need something like InputProvider. An InputProvider is a source
of SAX events. An InputProvider can encapsulate either (a) an InputSource
and associated XMLReader, or (b) a Node, or even perhaps (c) a
Transformation (or Result??).

Mike