cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Waddington" <si...@zapnetworks.com>
Subject WAP and how to set the content-location...
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:32:06 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to set the response content-location header.
I've tried the obvious of putting:

<xsp:logic>
 response.setHeader ("Cache-Control", "max-age=0");
 response.setHeader ("Content-Location", String.valueOf
(System.currentTimeMillis()));
 Date now = new Date ();
 long nowTime = now.getTime();
 response.setDateHeader("Date", nowTime);
</xsp:logic>

in my .xml file that is getting served up. This should give every response a
unique content location which is sadly the only way to convince Unwired
Planet (Phone.com) powered WAP devices to not cache server responses.
However this seems to have no effect as after returning the result the
browser keeps hitting the cache and not my server.

I'm using the Tomcat 3.1 server and Cocoon 1.6.1.  Has anyone else managed
to do this sucessfully?

Simon