cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: cache thoughts
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:00:29 GMT
The following was from my patch submittal:
-------
I figured out the problem I was seeing with XSLT stylesheets being cached
off even though they had changed.  We are dynamically determining the
stylesheet to display for a specific URL based on various factors, but the
XSLT processor was only looking at the request object to determine if the
resource had changed.  In our case, the requested resource was the same, but
the XSL filename was different.  I modified the processor to tack on the
name of the XSL processor to the lookup key.
-------

Unfortunately, there were other factors involved, so the fix had to be
pulled,
and this has yet to be addressed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Engelhart [mailto:mengelhart@earthtrip.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 10:56 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: cache thoughts

Timm, Sean wrote:

> Cocoon *does* cache XSL stylesheets (see the getStylesheet method in
> XSLTProcessor.java...just not particularly well.  :)  I attempted a fix,
but
> there were more dependencies than just what I changed, so the fix was
pulled
> for the 1.7 release.
>
> - Sean T.
Really?? What does it not do particularly well then???  There doesn't seem
to be any difference whether or not the stylesheet is being read off of disk
or out of the cache in my experience?  During development I've been checking
the cocoon comments at the bottom of the pages and they vary by 10ths of ms
in almost all cases.