cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Form submit to Cocoon to E-mail?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 18:33:01 GMT
You make an immense amount of sense (after I read the James proposal). It
would be nice to recode my lungfish Form-To-PDF-To-Email that way, but I'm
somewhat leery. Cocoon inside James inside an HTTPServlet seems like alot of
overhead. James seems pretty heavyweight as an all purpose mail
processor/generator that could be used as procmail or as ListServ or all
kinds of strange stuff. I'd only use it to pipe to port 25 with some header
(ok, MIME encoding too).

Stefano Mazzocchi said in a previous missive:
> COFFMAN Steven wrote:
> >
> > I wrote a system, using Cocoon, for converting HTML form submissions
into
> > PDF documents which are then e-mailed to the proper person. The java
servlet
> > that processes the form result writes out an XML file. It then makes an
HTTP