cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject Form submit to Cocoon to E-mail?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 20:29:38 GMT
I wrote a system, using Cocoon, for converting HTML form submissions into
PDF documents which are then e-mailed to the proper person. The java servlet
that processes the form result writes out an XML file. It then makes an HTTP
request to tell Cocoon to translate it into PDF. The PDF result of the
request is packaged as an e-mail to the person who handles those things.

My question is this: My approach seems like a silly Rube-Goldberg
contraption. Is there something really dumb I'm missing?

It feels like I'm swimming upstream by using Cocoon in reverse like this.
-Steve