cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Layout-driven vs. content-driven
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:12:15 GMT
Gerard van Enk wrote:

> If I use XInclude for the layout template how will I be able to use frames,
> because all the information is in one file? Or will it be a file with the
> url's to the content?

No, you use XINCLUDE in the stylesheet the produces your huge PDF or the
one producing the non-framed version of your website, XLINK in the one
that produces the framed one.

The thought is taking shape. It depends on where the final "merging"
should occour. If the final merging occours on the server side, you use
XINCLUDE, if on the client side, XLINK...

	Pier