cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distro 1.7
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:18:43 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>

> > Just a note to whoever package the Cocoon-1.7.tar.gz.
> >
> > In my experience, it is much more common and much more convinient that
> > the containing directory is included in the archive.
> >
> > cocoon-1.7/lib/
> > cocoon-1.7/bin/
> >
> > and so forth.
> > Most .tar.gz that I have seen follows this convention.
> >
> > I vote for this to be the case with Cocoon as well.
>
> Big huge +100. In fact, unless someone objects, I'd like to repackage
> Cocoon-1.7.tar.gz such that that's the case. Nothing irritates a developer
> more than a package that sprays its guts all over a shared src directory.

I'm +1 to this. Sorry but not being a Unix user I don't know its
patterns very well. But I can see that now.

Anyway, I'm looking for a unix-distribution volunteer. Donald, what
about you?

The taks is simple: when we agree... do

 $ cvs update xml-cocoon
 $ build dist-tgz
 $ scp cocoon-version.tar.gz  xml.apache.org:/www/xml.apache.org/dist/.

or equivalent.

Can I count on your for that?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.