cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] "To Cocoon2 and beyond" :)
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:01:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > Won't this be ready when Cocoon 2 is ready (or isn't that soon enough ;-) )
>
> Cocoon2 might ready sooner than expected.

Given the status of things, I just showed it off at XTECH, and (during
the demo) it didn't fail.... (it did right after that)

> The problem is not the availability of a stable Avalon implementation
> but it's adoption. Anyway, we'll see.

No, we really don't require Avalon to "operate". We can go standalone
easily, as a servlet or command line utility. We'll require avalon for
integration at lower level into other componentized frameworks
(EJBs/mail....)

> > > So I'll push to go the other way around: reimplement JetSpeed on top of
> > > Cocoon.
> > >
> > I agree on this (but will the JetSpeed developers also agree on this???)
>
> To be honest, I don't know but what I know is that all the
> content-driven subsystem development (messaging, calendar, address-book)
> was stopped because they didn't know how to integrate Cocoon into it.
>
> They already know Cocoon is the way to go. Just they look it from the
> wrong angle.

I still have to talk w/ Kevin on that (we were supposed to hang out
together this week, but... LAMER :) Kevin? Comments?

	Pier