cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] "To Cocoon2 and beyond" :)
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2000 22:46:45 GMT
Gerard van Enk wrote:

> > > If we use the Avalon framework we can plug them in easily, isn't it?
> >
> > Yes, but I don't know if this will be soon enough.
>
> Won't this be ready when Cocoon 2 is ready (or isn't that soon enough ;-) )

Cocoon2 might ready sooner than expected.

The problem is not the availability of a stable Avalon implementation
but it's adoption. Anyway, we'll see.

> > collection
> > >
> > > Are we going to invent JetSpeed again???? Or are we going to integrate
> > > Jetspeed with Cocoon???
> >
> > Yes. Both JetSpeed and Turbine are trying to incorporate Cocoon
> > capabilities into them... I think they can't possibly do this without
> > loosing much of the functionality, expecially the sitemap.
> >
> > So I'll push to go the other way around: reimplement JetSpeed on top of
> > Cocoon.
> >

> I agree on this (but will the JetSpeed developers also agree on this???)

To be honest, I don't know but what I know is that all the
content-driven subsystem development (messaging, calendar, address-book)
was stopped because they didn't know how to integrate Cocoon into it.

They already know Cocoon is the way to go. Just they look it from the
wrong angle.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.