cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Zvi Avraham <z...@netmanage.co.il>
Subject Re: [RT] "To Cocoon2 and beyond" :)
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:38:40 GMT
Hi,

In my opinion Logging is the first thing to do. But first all
[xml|java|jakarta].apache.org projects must to agree on some one Java logging
package...

Also in addition to Parser, Formatter, Transformer APIs, we need to add Query
and Update APIs (XPath/XQL). Also maybe move all APIs to be Sun's JAXP
compatible, when it will be stabilized.

The other thing is PDOM integration (PDOM producer?), Donald's XMLForm will
benefit from this. Stefano, is DataChannel already donated their
XPages/VirtualDOM to Apache?

Various DB backends support is great. We should not limit users to only one
technology (that's Microsoft and Oracle strategy:). So I think in addition to
already existing SQL support, we also can support EJB, OODB/ODMG(Ozone),
PDOM/XQL etc.

The other things you was talking about is more applications of Cocoon (except
maybe SOAP?).

OT: is that possible to insert entire XML document(s) inside XSP page?
Something like XSLT document() function?

Thanks in advance,
Zvi
my new email is: thezvi@ifrance.com