cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] "To Cocoon2 and beyond" :)
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:05:33 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> [...]
> with the Cocoon2 development in progress (thanks Pier!) I'm left with
> almost nothing to do (I should write my thesis or study... but I'm lazy
> :), so I'm starting to rethink the picture over again to see if
> something is missing.

A lot is missing... A lot of generators/filters/serializers :)

> ... hear that sound? is Pier screaming :)

It's not me... simply... if you're changing the architecture, i'll just
get down to Pavia an blow a cople of tons of plastic under "Cascina
Maesta`" (that's where Stefano lives!)

> No, no, don't worry... I'm not re-evaluating the architecture, not at
> all, I'm just looking for holes in the global picture.

There are no holes, afaics, not in the architecture... there's a lot of
stuff missing (functionality) and a lot of bugs (right now... the code
is unusable :( that's why I'm not putting it back... I want to have
something working before giving it to you lazy leeches, because if not
i'll spend the next two weeks answering questions like "I know that THAT
THING is not working" :)

> There are at bunch of things that are currently missing in Cocoon1 that
> I would like to add to Cocoon2. These are:

Cool ideas.... I'm shooting first for the simple stuff..

	Pier