cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cache thoughts
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:46:41 GMT
Andy Lewis wrote:

> My cache needs are similar to your - although I personally would love to see
> the ability to allow even dynamic pages from a real-time system be
> optionally cache for short period. Something like a cache with a
> time-to-live feature.

It already has the ability to do it.

Answer: write your own producer and implement the "hasChanged()" method,
with the logic you want.

The cache system will query your producer to see if it will produce
different stuff... if not, and all the other changeable points are left
untouched, the final cached output is sent directly to the client.

Gee, it seems you guys don't understand the Cocoon cache system at
all...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.