cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@exa.unicen.edu.ar>
Subject Re: New Version of OWSKiller / Oracle PLSQL Producer for Cocoon 1.6.1
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:49:32 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> "Marcelo F. Ochoa" wrote:
> >
> > Hi:
> >    There is a new version of OWSKiller / Oracle PLSQL Producer for
> > Cocoon 1.6.1 (3.0.4-dev2).
> >    This version include:
> > * Correct bug in register JDBC Driver, only affect first call in dynamic
> > login.
> > * Added HeaderProcessor to handle http pi in Cocoon Framework, this
> > processor
> > permit set inside XML producer special values of header, it can set
> > cookies
> > redirect url, not authorized access, and other key-value header
> > information.
> > * Added ExcelFormatter to produce output in application/msexcel.
> > * New examples in demo page
> > http://www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar/cgi-bin/wrap/mochoa/OWSKiller/demos/demos.html
> >
> > to show PLsql Producer - Cocoon integration at work.
> > * New function in xtp Toolkit to handle redirect url, cookies,
> > and header information.
> >
> >   Download from
> > http://www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar/cgi-bin/wrap/mochoa/OWSKiller
> >
> >   Best regards Marcelo, and happy weekend.
>
> Marcelo,
>
> to be quite honest, I don't think that Oracle-specific stuff should
> reside in Cocoon main distribution, but the other things you are adding
> sound juicy :)
>
> Have you considered donating them to this project?

 I apology for a delay, I need to move to other labs to configure a complete
subnet. Yes.  All code of OWSKiller / PLSQL Producer already have Apache like
redistribution clause.

> Have you considered working directly with us?

 Yes. I have around 3 hours a day in the University labs to work with similar
projects.

> Tell us what you think, we are _very_ open to suggestions and
> improvements and I'd love to have more and more people activelly
> contributing to this project.
>
> What do you think?

   I agree with xml Apache project and I had Cocoon software from the beginning
of project (when xml.apache.org does't exist).   At this moment, I'am working in
complety rewrite the code of OWSKiller/PLSQL Producer with Design Pattern to
avoid the problem of adaptability to new types databases.
   Future version of the producer have the posibility of connect to Oracle 7, 8,
8i , Oracle Lite, and any database that support Stored Procedures in Java.  The
idea is write once and run anywere, in the first test was posible to write an
application that run in a big server with Oracle 8i and in a small notebook or
palm with Oracle Lite.

> --
>  Come to the first official Apache Software Foundation Conference!

     Best regards, Marcelo.