cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: extensions in public URIs [was: RE: Variations on a theme by Cocoon]
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:32:13 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > Y'know, the thing that's worrying me about all this is that Apache
> > already has considerable power to do this kind of matching, [...]
>
> I am worried too.
>
> I do see the overlap and I do see the problems.... probably Cocoon might
> well get merged in Apache 2.1... or even become the next apache using
> tomcat + the protocol native libraries... who knows.
>
> Anyway, don't forget Cocoon is a servlet, thus should not presume
> anything about the running environment.

I am not really worried... First of all because Cocon 2.0 is completely
abstracted from the web server. It's not even a Servlet anymore (or
better, not only a servlet), so, even if there's some overlap, in our
case that overlap is nedeed...

And anyway the overlap is just on the matching part... We do all the
translation that apache doesn't do right now (BTW, I know
mod_rewrite)... IMVHO it's a completely different model...

	Pier