cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Walker <sim...@sbs.bangor.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [BETA TESTERS WANTED] Testing Cocoon 1.7-dev
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:49:52 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ok people,
>
> last time I released 1.6-dev too early and some of you were not happy,
> this time I'm doing something better.
>
> In the CVS, you find what I believe it is Cocoon 1.7 but I'd like you to
> download it install it and try it out.
>
> Instructions:
>
> 1) cvs [update|checkout] xml-cocoon
> 2) cd xml-cocoon
> 3) [build.sh|build.bat] dist
> 4) cd ./dist
>
> and install following the instructions :)
>
> In case you find _anything_ that doesn't work or bugs you, let me know.
> Of course, patches are even more welcome :)

Hi,
  a minor point, build.sh is not executable so I have to type: sh
./build.sh
Doing:
sh ./build.sh dist
fails at this point:

Executing Target: prepare-docs
Replacing ./docs/dtd/ --> dtd/
Replacing ./docs/dtd/ --> dtd/
Executing Target: docs
Created dir: /usr/local/java/Cocoon-cvs/xml-cocoon/build/docs
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Property 'ant.home' not found

Where should I set the property ant.home?
build/cocoon.jar is correctly made by this time.

Using the cocoon.jar just built:
src/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon.properties still includes the
ldap processor which is no longer in the src - I liked the ldap
processor :-(

Apart from these small points all my stuff works and fails in the
same way as it did with 1.6.1 (I think :-)

Simeon

Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702
University of Wales, Bangor,        fax: +44 (0)1248 382569
Gwynedd, LL57 2UW, UK.              www: http://sbsweb.bangor.ac.uk/