cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett McLaughlin <brettmclaugh...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon2-alpha0 & servlet 2.2
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:07:39 GMT

Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Gerard van Enk wrote:
> >
> > If anybody likes to live dangerously, I've included two diff's for getting
> > the source to compile with jsdk2.2......One for CocoonServletRequest and one
> > for CocoonServletResponse.
>
> Geeee :) Really dangerously...

OK, we have already gone down this road *many* times.  How about this:

(1) Until Tomcat is feature-rich as JServ (and therefore officially
replaces JServ) we include a samples/servlet2.2 directory.  This
directory has the 2.2 API CocoonServletRequest and CocoonServletResponse
source in it.  That way if anyone want to use 2.2, they can easily copy
these into their source tree and compile them instead of the other 2.0
versions.  This takes care of both camps, but defaults to the lowest
common denominator, which is JServ (and still should be IMHO).

(2) Once we see Tomcat replace JServ (I'm gonna guess around 3.5, to be
honest - maybe 2 months?), we move what is in samples/servlet2.2 into
the main branch, and ditch the older source as well as the servlet2.2
directory.

What do you think?

-Brett

--