cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSL Caching???
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:34:40 GMT
"Timm, Sean" wrote:

> Cocoon appears to be caching off XSL sheets and not checking if the files
> have changed.  This is causing a great deal of difficulty when we are
> working on our stylesheets (and XSP taglib) because we have to restart
> Cocoon every time anything changes.  Is this the expected behaviour?

No, consider it a "non-implemented but highly wanted" feature.

> I noticed that the XSLT processor is attempting to pull "stylesheet" from
> the parameters object and returns it if it is there, but I couldn't find
> where this gets stuffed in.  It seems to me that it should check a timestamp
> like the caching system does...

It already does for normal XSLT stylesheets... as I told in the previous
message, XSP Processor doesn't use the Cocoon cache (which is a shame, I
know).

> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!  I've pulled my hair out
> for several hours on more than one occasion due to a caching issue
> already...

If normal stylesheet reloading doesn't work, it's a bug. It should
already work.

For XSP, any help in making the XSP processor use the cocoon cache will
be very welcome.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.