cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing file?
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:31:10 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> > Current CVS says this:
> >
> >               java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> > org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromMap: class is not found
> >                       at
> > org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java)
> >
> > and, indeed, there is no ProducerFromMap.java.
>
> Doh. Of course, this is a configuration issue. Fixed.

Yep, ProducerFromMap was blasted.

> I do have a real problem, though: Cocoon doesn't notice that taglibs
> have been updated, and rebuild/recompile XSP pages as needed. Given some
> hints, I might fix it, but I'm not currently sure where to start!

Guess what? me neither. :)

Serious, Ricardo disappeared in Colombia and... well, to be honest, I'm
a little concerned... anyway...

the problem should be around the XSPProcessor somewhere, when the java
file is created applying the different logicsheets. Since Ricardo wrote
all that code without using the cocoon hooks, it's doing caching and all
that stuff internally... which is wrong, I know... but I was waiting for
him to come back to fix that...

Anyway, if you're bugged by this (and I can tell!) that is the place to
find problems.

> At the moment, one has to both restart the server _and_ touch the file
> that uses the taglib. Tedious.

Luckily (for me, not for you!), I develop Cocoon, not Cocoon
applications :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.