cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Visco <kvi...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:07:25 GMT

Assaf Arkin wrote:

> > BTW, while I'm looking at the Cocoon code, the way Cocoon is currently set
> > up, I don't see how any of the xsl:output options are supported.  But I
> > could be misreading the code?
>
> Pier just explained to me why Cocoon does not support xsl:output. Simply
> it can run more than one transformation on the same document, not
> knowing which xsl:output to use, and the output actually depends on how
> Cocoon wants to present it based on its site map, not what the
> stylesheet has in mind.

In my opinion, the last xsl:output would be used.

If you have an XML document processed with XSLT, and it's output is also to be processed
with XSLT, the the <xsl:output> is ignored in the first stylesheet, since you are creating
an in memory document (or events) which will not be serialized, but passed as input to the
XSLT processor.

If an XSLT processs is the last thing in your "chain" of events, then if the processor
supports "serialization" as all the ones I am familiar with do, it should handle the
serialization.

--Keith