cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 00:58:36 GMT
> BTW, while I'm looking at the Cocoon code, the way Cocoon is currently set
> up, I don't see how any of the xsl:output options are supported.  But I
> could be misreading the code?

Pier just explained to me why Cocoon does not support xsl:output. Simply
it can run more than one transformation on the same document, not
knowing which xsl:output to use, and the output actually depends on how
Cocoon wants to present it based on its site map, not what the
stylesheet has in mind.

What they do right now is figure out the xsl:output properties, do a
transaformation or two, process the output if necessary, and as a last
step send it to the serializers with the proper output.

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org