cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: Documentation update
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:43:04 GMT
Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> just curious, why not create a new CVS reposotory ?
>
> xml-cocoon-bin
>
> I don't think mixing bin and src inside the same CVS repository is a good
> thing. As it is mentionned below, updates will be slower, but for
> developpers it comes with no or little gain (I want to compile the stuff
> anyway...)

For Linux/Unix, it is dirt simple to put together a script that fetches the
necessary files over ftp or http, if they are not available locally. A small
Java program may even be invoked to check the versions of the JARs
(everybody uses the versioning, right?) and figure out if new files are
needed.
I can volunteer to make this happen, if interest exists...

Unfortunately, the Redmondian Dragon OS is not equipped with this kind of
power...

Niclas