cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What do you want to know how to do?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:56:48 GMT
Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> I'd like the following:
>         - a tutorial on how to use Cocoon with EJB. Perhaps rework the
> shopping cart example avalaible inside the J2EE distribution.
>
>         - I'd like information on security issues. Is Cocoon improving your
> security,
> is it security agnostic (you have to provide it).
>
>         - I'd like a tutorial on how to use JASS with Cocoon, i.e.
> permission based dynamic generation of content (sometimes implemented as a
> role based application).

I won't write tutorials for you, but I'll definately play around with
these new J2EE stuff as soon as I finish downloading them (where's ADSL
when you need it!) and will create meaninful examples on how to use
them.

This will probably happen after Cocoon 2.0 has a shape, so don't expect
anything very soon, but I too think that XSP + EJB + JAAS is the way to
go compared to Turbine and friends.

Of course, don't tell Jon :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.