cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett McLaughlin <brettmclaugh...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: What do you want to know how to do?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:50:46 GMT

Philippe Lavoie wrote:

Philippe, thanks for your comments.

> I'd like the following:
>         - a tutorial on how to use Cocoon with EJB. Perhaps rework the
> shopping cart example avalaible inside the J2EE distribution.

I think this is probably not suited as well for a single chapter
covering web publishing frameworks; EJB and XML are too big to fit into
one book together almost, let alone one chapter.  However (here it
comes, another shameless plug...), once I get the XML book done, I have
1/2 of another book (again for O'Reilly) done, and will be finishing
that up.  It is actually Enterprise Applications in Java, and that will
be more on point for you.  It covers building a front to back solution,
and it uses EJB, database peers, servlets, Cocoon, etc., and that
actually does this very thing.

>         - I'd like information on security issues. Is Cocoon improving your
> security,
> is it security agnostic (you have to provide it).

This is something I can address briefly; keep in mind that (this) book
is focused on XML, not security or these sort of issues (it's not even
focused on Cocoon, but Cocoon is one topic I will address).

>         - I'd like a tutorial on how to use JASS with Cocoon, i.e.
> permission based dynamic generation of content (sometimes implemented as a
> role based application).

JASS?  What is that?  This sounds again like what I wrote about above,
writing a J2EE style app using Cocoon.

> Phil
>
> PS Did you read my post (long) on Cocon being an infrastructure.

No, sorry.  I've been offline for a bit, getting things to SAX 2.0 has
kept me busy.

-Brett