cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:10:02 GMT
Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> Why don't you quickly write a wrapper that uses the SAX 2.0
> ParserAdapater?  That makes a SAX 1.0 (or 2.0 alpha, for that matter)
> parser give you all the callbacks (including namespace support) that SAX
> 2.0 does.  Wouldn't that be a work around?

Nahhh... Too much work... There are more important things to do than
that at this point... I don't care about the transport, as long as it's
event driven (and seeing from the number of
Producers/Filters/Serializers I have..)

> I know Andy Clark is working now on getting SAX 2.0 in, but until then....

Yep... I just hope he comes out w/ something soon...

> I have been using the ParserAdapater class and it works very well.

The thing is that I could care less of the Parser... It's all the
transport mechanism between components that is event driven... :)

	Pier