cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing XSP taglib namespace configuration behavior
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2000 14:03:31 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Donald Ball wrote:

> > > Me, I'm _trying_ to, but no one has voted on my proposal, so I'm just
> > > cooling my heels right now.
> >
> > I vote +1 to your previous proposal.
> >
> > Also, could you please try to come up with a solution that doesn't
> > require us to set a specific URL handler but that doesn't require you to
> > change the configurations out of the box?
>
> hmm. i'm not 100% sure i understand the desired constraints here. I think
> what you're saying is that you want me to come up with a solution that
> lets you map namespace URIs to .xsp files without using the resource://
> URL? No wait, that doesn't make sense. What exactly do is the problem
> we're trying to solve?

Avoid the need for special URLHandlers since they limit both portability
and operation.

> Anyway, what I'm thinking is that we should change the cocoon.properties
> file so that instead of hardcoding prefixes like so:
>
> processor.xsp.library.request.java =
> resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/request.xsl
>
> we hardcode the URIs instead:
>
> processor.xsp.library.java = http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request|resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/request.xsl
>
> more descriptively:
>
> processor.xsp.library.java = namespaceURI|xspURI
>
> hmm. that syntax is atrocious. maybe it's time that we XMLized the
> cocoon.properties file:
>
> <processor name="xsp">
>  <library>
>   <language name="java"
>    <namespace
>     uri="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request"
>     lib="resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/request.xsl"
>    />
>   </language>
>  </library>
> </processor>
>
> Hmm. that's much nicer. The rest of the the configuration file can be
> rewritten as XML similarly. Anyone have any significant objections and/or
> suggestions for rewriting cocoon's properties file in XML?

I had this in plan for 2.0 but if you want to do it sooner, I'm ok for
it.

> Alternately,
> does anyone have any alternate syntax suggestions for associating
> namespace URIs with library URIs keeping the old properties file style
> syntax?

Ok, what about (having XML-based configs)

 <processor name="xsp">
  <library>
   <language name="java"
    <namespace uri="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request">
     <resource location="classpath"
      path="org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/request.xsl"
     />
    </namespace>
    <namespace uri="http://myownstuff">
     <resource location="file"