cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@exa.unicen.edu.ar>
Subject Re: R:HTML forms with dynamic values
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 19:38:54 GMT
Interesse Michelangelo wrote:

> I can guess how in a simple model. But when some more work is required in
> order to fulfill combos ... some supporting framework is required ....
>
> I've used in my JSP pages thinks like this:
>                                     <% tab.doDistinct("AziendaS",
> "QARisorse"); %>
>                   <select name="AziendaS">
>                                         <%= tab.getCombo("(Tutti)") %>
>                   </select>
>
> But when I need to synch the choice in one combo with the values shown in
> another one, some javascript is required ..... and the things get harder ...
> for maintenability too.

  This is a presentation problem, and then if you write a Stylesheet to
generate DHTML according to your needs probably make a better program as JSP.
The idea is separate "Logic from Presentation" code, the result is low
maintenance code.

> Do you use different frameworks in order to make things easier to build ....
> and to mantain ??

   With Cocoon framework, only change the stylesheet if the presentation need
change.

> Michelangelo Interesse

  Marcelo.