cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: Redirecting users in Cocoon
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:55:26 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Ed Wolpert wrote:
>
> > Whoops.... I just started following the redirect discussion now...
> > I take it there isn't a way without using XSP.
> >

> Not that I know of.  Anyone else have any idea?   A big concern I have about
> XSP and Cocoon is that they grab the outputstream before any output is
> actually sent to the browser.  This completely eliminates using
> RequestDispatcher's which in many cases can eliminate the need for redirect
> and the need to go back to the browser to do the redirect.  Also to do
> complex server side manipulations of the request you have to write
> everything into a session, redirect and then pull it out of the session
> again which is a pain in the ass.  Anyone know why this is so?  It really
> sucks.

Guys,

Ricardo is currently having visa problems and he's returning to his
native country (Colombia). So, it will take some time before he can be
back full-speed.

Meanwhile, I'll reply to the XSP questions, but when they deal with
implementation details, I just don't know more than you do.

Anyway, if you find something you don't like, you know the golden rule:
fix it yourself! :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.