cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <>
Subject RE: Problem with caching?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 02:57:33 GMT
> In other words, it looks like the page cached by the second
> browser call
> affects the third browser call (which should be identical to
> the first call,
> but is not).

I beleive there is a bug in CocoonCache, in that it
creates only one global cache, rather than one per
session. This means that the problem is more fraught
than you are seeing - if cocoon is called with the
same URL from two different sessions, then the first
generated page will be returned.

This would be fixed (and the system much more secure)
if we use one cache per session. Note that even then,
if the scripts are generated based on data held in the
session object, then the cache will still perform

-- Chris Stevenson ----------------------- SSABSA --
Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia
60 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034, Australia
phone: (08) 8372 7515
  fax: (08) 8372 7590

View raw message