cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <ch...@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Subject RE: Fixes for SQL processor - Patches Attached
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 06:35:04 GMT

> > This also lets the SQL Driver perform the appriopriate
> > transforms, which is crucial for dates. If you read it
> > as a string you have to hope that the driver has returned
> > a properly localised string - a very shaky assumption
> > in my experience - convert it to a Date and then back to a
> > String. Better to test for a date and error if
> > you have something else...
> >
> > Note that we could dispense with the if column.type="Date"
> > tests and
>
> and... what, test the object to see if it's a java.sql.Date, Time, or
> Timestamp?

Doh!

Yeah - I left my desk and didn't re-read the post :-)

Do we still need to check the column type for a varchar
or binary though, since these all come back as String
objects, and you might not want to process \n in a char
field??

Probably too much to think about if there is new
taglib code coming. when can we expect something in the
CVS (or is it there and I'm just blind?)

chris.

-- Chris Stevenson ----------------------- SSABSA --
Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia
60 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034, Australia
email: chris@ssabsa.sa.gov.au
phone: (08) 8372 7515
  fax: (08) 8372 7590