cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <>
Subject RE: Fixes for SQL processor - Patches Attached
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 06:35:04 GMT

> > This also lets the SQL Driver perform the appriopriate
> > transforms, which is crucial for dates. If you read it
> > as a string you have to hope that the driver has returned
> > a properly localised string - a very shaky assumption
> > in my experience - convert it to a Date and then back to a
> > String. Better to test for a date and error if
> > you have something else...
> >
> > Note that we could dispense with the if column.type="Date"
> > tests and
> and... what, test the object to see if it's a java.sql.Date, Time, or
> Timestamp?

Yeah - I left my desk and didn't re-read the post :-)

Do we still need to check the column type for a varchar
or binary though, since these all come back as String
objects, and you might not want to process \n in a char

Probably too much to think about if there is new
taglib code coming. when can we expect something in the
CVS (or is it there and I'm just blind?)

-- Chris Stevenson ----------------------- SSABSA --
Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia
60 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034, Australia
phone: (08) 8372 7515
  fax: (08) 8372 7590

View raw message