cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Interesse Michelangelo <M.Intere...@netsiel.it>
Subject R:Form handling in Cocoon
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:39:10 GMT

> ----------

I'm currently involved in similar issues (i.e., HTML form handling), for
implementing on-line questionnaires.

I'm actually using a "pattern" similar to the unique available sample on
cocoon distribution. In particular, I use an initial XML file describing the
static content for each form. I XSLTranslate it in order to add dynamic
content coming from my db (default values, ...) by using XSP. Finally, I
XSLTranslate the intermediate XML file in order to provide HTML-layout (and
form GUI controls, of course !).
In this way I keep separated: static content, logic used to extract or
calculate dynamic content and presentation.

Is this helpful, to you?