cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Interesse Michelangelo <M.Intere...@netsiel.it>
Subject R:R:R:include??? (Was: Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Status...)
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:11:12 GMT

> ----------

Fine (read this in english, please :).

> I don't get why you would like to use JSP for that, but that's another
> story.
Just because I've already coded a number of JSP pages and collected a
valuable(<<<) experience from this technology, and It is not my primary
concern to spend time to transpose them all, till I'll have a good chance to
do that ;)

> The problems is that "here is what fails" doesn't help us to fix the
> problem. Do you have an error message or some sort? What does the
> generated source code says? is it using RequestDispatching?

Here is the dump, while calling database.xml directly from the browser's
Address field produces the expected result - thanks for any care of it!
White space is required between the public identifier and the system
identifier.
	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
	at org.xml.sax.SAXException.(SAXException.java:38)
	at org.xml.sax.SAXParseException.(SAXParseException.java:46)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1249)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDTDScanner.
java:656)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanExternalID(XMLDTDScanner.java:
1148)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDTDScanner.java
:1077)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.dtd.DTDValidator.scanDoctypeDecl(DTDValidator.j
ava:440)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLParser.java:2011)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:768)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1138)
	at org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser.parse(XercesParser.java:82)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.AbstractProducer.getDocument(AbstractProducer.jav
a:96)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.j
ava:249)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:348)
	at
_0002fjsp_0002fdatabase_0002ejsp_0002fjsp_0002fdatabase_jsp_0._jspService(_0
002fjsp_0002fdatabase_0002ejsp_0002fjsp_0002fd
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:161)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:255)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:347)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:144)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:305)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

> Anyway, keep in mind that Cocoon is developed under JServ because the
> majority of the people uses that. Most of the Servlet 2.2 compatibility
> issues are yet unsolved... and help is, of course, welcome.
Stefano:
I appreciate your call, and I would like to get involved soon, really!!!!

But at the moment I'm so engaged with my "primary" (read money!) work, that
a very few time remains available .... and I'm spending (almost) all of it
to acquire further knowledge about Cocoon, Tomcat, and the likes and ....
skimming through the mailing, too :). That's because I believe(!!!) in them
- please, do not make me disappointed about ;))

Any way I promise you not to loose any chance to contribute to these open
source ... but do not ask me when, please !

Waiting for that moment, just now I'm envolved in spreading my
knowledge(<<<<) about them to other folks and .... advertising them !