cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Interesse Michelangelo <M.Intere...@netsiel.it>
Subject MS-Access and ColumnFormatter issues
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:40:38 GMT
Hi folks,

I've just joined this list, so I'm sorry if some of tthe following issues
have already been taken into account.

I'm running Cocoon 1.6 on Tomcat 1.6 and against MS-Access (JDBC-ODBC
bridge) on a Windows computer.

1) I ran the SQL example on my DB
	<page>
	 <connectiondefs>
	  <connection name="foo_connection">
	   <driver>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</driver>
	   <dburl>jdbc:odbc:Pres2000</dburl>
	   <username></username>
	   <password></password>
	  </connection>
	 </connectiondefs>

	 <query connection="foo_connection">
	  <!-- select Cognome,Nome from QARisorse order by Cognome -->
		select * from QARisorse ;
	 </query>
 	</page>

   and I was astonished to get the resul message NO DATA FOUND (the table
QARisorse was full).

   So I walked through the Cocoon code and I found the key of the mistery in
the "ColumnFormatter" class.
   In the method "addColumnNode", in fact, the resutset object "rs" is
queried a second time for the element at the same position (the first time
it is queried in the SQLProcessor class). May be
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver doesn't like this. I wrote a dirthy workaround
(for immediate use), overloading the "addColumnNode" method with one more
parameter: the value of the column, already queried through the
rs.getString() in the  calling class. This work fine for my needs, but is
there someone that would take care of the issue for the final fix?
  The overloaded method I wrote is:
	protected void addColumnNode(Document document, Element parent,
Column column, ResultSet rs, int i, String v) throws SQLException {
		String format = getFormat(column);
		String value = v;
		if (format != null) {
		... same handling ... or perhaps better ....
		}
		parent.appendChild(document.createTextNode(value));
	}

  2) about the SQLProcessor class, did somebody  polanned to extend its
output DOM tree, in order to get an XML document with information like
metadata out of the result query? Don't you thing this could be helpful when
processing the XML output document through an XSL document in order to make
some other processing or style transformation?

  3) what's the framework, in Cocoon, to chain more processing starting from
an XML document and getting, at the other end, an HTML document ?

Thanks,

Michelangelo Interesse
      Process Support Systems
               Netsiel S.p.A.