cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <>
Subject Re: Memory Store and JDK 1.2
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 00:11:51 GMT
> Well a little bit after that I just got DrDobbs Journal (Feb2000, Java
> Issue). In it there is a nice article
> about References (Soft, Weak, Phantom). This is a new feature of JDK 1.2.
> allows you to have a reference to an object while still allowing the
> collector to reclaim the memory (and the object) if it runs low on memory.

Yep. WeakRefs rock.

> I know that the current JDK for Cocoon is 1.1 not 1.2.

Guys. Now that there is a Linux JDK 1.2 out that's final, that decision
should be revisited. Time to move on imho. No, I know that I'm not a cocoon
contributor. As far as this list goes, I'm just a dweeb who lurks. But,
please consider a move up to the new JDK. Collections, weak refs, and more
are there for the taking. :)

James Duncan Davidson
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do();

View raw message