cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corda, Ugo" <Ugo.Co...@usa.xerox.com>
Subject Problem with caching?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:41:15 GMT
I call Cocoon 1.5 alternatively from different browsers. When I use IE4 or
Netscape, Cocoon should return HTML. When I use IE5, Cocoon should return
XML. (See the PIs below).

If I start with a fresh Cocoon, everything works fine. But after the pages
get cached strange things happen (which don't happen when caching is turned
off). Here are two sequences where I noticed the problem:

Netscape - returns HTML;
IE5 - returns XML;
Netscape - returns XML

IE5 - returns XML;
IE4 - returns HTML;
IE5 - returns HTML

In other words, it looks like the page cached by the second browser call
affects the third browser call (which should be identical to the first call,
but is not).

Here are the settings in my cocoon.properties file:

browser.0 = explorer5=MSIE 5
browser.1 = explorer4=MSIE 4
browser.2 = explorer=MSIE
browser.3 = pdqbrowser=pdQbrowser
browser.4 = opera=Opera
browser.5 = lynx=Lynx
browser.6 = java=Java
browser.7 = wap=Nokia-WAP-Toolkit
browser.8 = netscape=Mozilla

And here are the PIs in the XML file:

<?xml-stylesheet href="tam-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="tam-html.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="explorer4"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="tam-xml.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="explorer5"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="tam-html-palm.xsl" type="text/xsl"
media="pdqbrowser"?>

(where tam-html.xsl generates HTML, and tam-xml.xsl is the identity
transform).

Thank you,
Ugo