cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Martin" <jeff.mar...@dial.pipex.com>
Subject RunTimeException in XSPProcessor
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:52:35 GMT
I'm getting a RunTimeException everytime I try to access an XML page under Linux but not NT.
Can anyone shed and light on this.

I've been developing some pages using Cocoon 1.6.1 under NT JDK1.2.2. I've just started to
create a new enviroment on Linux using Blackdown JDK1.2.2 (I've tried the sun release to)
when I try and use any of the example xml pages I get and RunTimeException Error loading logicsheet:
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/cookie.xsl from org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.

I've had a poke around the code and this is the bit that causing me problems. When the url
is created using resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/cookie.xsl this is
throwing an exception because it doesn't know how to handle the url. I wasn't aware the there
was a resource protocol handler but as this code works fine on NT there must be. I have managed
to put a hack in which uses this.getClass().getResourceAsStream(location) after choping the
resource: of the front of location.

Anyone got any comments.

Line 261:

      try {
        URL url = new URL(location);

        Document stylesheet = this.parser.parse(

************************************ This is the problem line *******************
          new InputSource((new URL(location)).openStream()), false
        );

        template.setStylesheet(stylesheet);

        String preprocessorName = (String) this.libraries.get(namespace + "." + language +
".preprocessor");
        if (preprocessorName != null) {
          XSPPreprocessor preprocessor = (XSPPreprocessor) Class.forName(preprocessorName).newInstance();
          template.setPreprocessor(preprocessor);
        }

        library.addTemplate(template);
      } catch (Exception ex) {
        throw new RuntimeException ("Error loading logicsheet: " + location + ". " + ex);
      }

P.S. Thanks for producing Cocoon.