cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <bur...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>
Subject ClassCastException in 1.7-dev
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:03:08 GMT
Hi,

Just when I thought 1.7-dev was working fine...  i get this error on most
pages, when I try and reload them.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.jserv.JServConnection
 at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.hasChanged(XSLTProcessor.java
)
 at org.apache.cocoon.cache.CocoonCache.getPage(CocoonCache.java)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
 at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

I recompiled Cocoon with debugging on in an attempt to get line numbers, but
no luck.  Okay - I could turn off the cache - but a cache this broken needs
fixing.

This in the code in XSLTProcessor:

    public boolean hasChanged(Object context) {
        return this.monitor.hasChanged((String) context);
    }

Whoops - casting a JServConnection (well, HttpServletRequest from
CocoonCache) to a String.  Should that be:

        return this.monitor.hasChanged(context.toString());

I don't have the JSDK or knowledge of the caching internals handy so can't
check if that is possible or feasible.

Ross Burton
IT'z Interactive