cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From John Morrison <john.morri...@experian.com>
Subject form->db (was RE: xBug -Reply)
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:58:23 GMT
Ricardo, you obviously know how to get data from a html form into a db.
Would it be possible to knock up a html form + xml example as I would
_VERY_ much appreciate any pointers

On Jan-20-2000 Kevin Sonney wrote:

> Yup - getting the data out shouldn't be a problem with the
SQLProcessor.
> However, there may be an issue with putting data in - DCP might be a
> little better until Donald (or I) can figure out a minor weirdness I'm
> seeing in the SQLProcessor adding stuff to a DB.

You may want to consider XSP instead of DCP for this. Development,
debugging and usability are much better.

As an example of how you could put data in your SQL database,
consider:

  <xbug:add-bug>
    <xbug:platform>Linux</xbug:platform>
    <xbug:version>1.6</xbug:version>
    <xbug:component>XSP</xbug:component>
    <xbug:servlet-engine>JRun</xbug:servlet-engine>
    <xbug:java-version>JDK1.3</xbug:java-version>
    <xbug:priority>1</xbug:priority>
    <xbug:severity>Critical</xbug:severity>
    <xbug:summary>
      Error loading generated Java classes after restarting
      servlet engine
    </xbug:summary>
    <xbug:related-bug>1234</xbug:related-bug>
  </xbug:add-bug>

The XBug XSP library may easily translate this into an
equivalent SQL INSERT statement that would be further
processed by Donald's SQL Processor XSP library...

Of course, in real-world usage, the above example
would be populated from an Html form, like in:

  <xbug:add-bug>
    <xbug:platform>
      <request:get-parameter name="platform"/>
    </xbug:platform>
    <xbug:version>
      <request:get-parameter name="version"/>
     </xbug:version>
    <xbug:component>
      <request:get-parameter name="component"/>
     </xbug:component>
    . . .
  </xbug:add-bug>