cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Seth Ladd <shl6...@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
Subject Re: xBug -Reply
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:32:22 GMT
> I hate to rain on the parade, but I strongly feel that xml.apache.org
> should work off a single bug tracking system so that bugs can be
> cross-posted and transferred.  I would rather see one of the existing bug
> tracking systems be used ASAP... I've been pretty upset that one isn't up
> yet.
>
> If people do want to write another bug tracking system, I feel it should be
> done as a separate project from Cocoon, it should be done orthogonally to
> the needs of xml.apache.org, and should be adapted by xml.apache.org on
> it's merits.  A bug tracking system is too important and central to the
> well-being of the projects to do anything else.

I completely agree with this.  A lot of these systems are intertconnected,
so a universal bug tracking system would provide a lot of benefits.  I
think the idea of creating a "real world" system using Cocoon is great,
but should move off to its own project/list/etc.

I think the xml.apache.org site really needs a system wide bug tracking
system up ASAP.  I would love to help in any way, but since I don't have
access to that machine, I fear my help might be limited.

my two cents,
Seth