cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley ...@maz.org>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 02:47:14 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Right now it's tied to HTTP, but I finally see your
> point (must be the fact of being born in a non
> english-speaking country, or the layer of grease and
> rust that populate my brain).

i knew if we kept bashing our heads together things would
shake from each into the other :)

> Can we think about having a generic (not
> protocol-specific) Request-Response (and Context) object
> expecially designed for XML production? We need to draft
> those quite soon, because Cocoon 2.0 relies 100% on that
> (and I need to have a Beta for XTECH 2000, end of
> February!)

yes, this is exactly what i'm going for. wonderful. i think
the first thing to do is to find all the method calls on the
request and response objects and categorize them as
http-specific or generic. i'll take up this task on the
weekend if it hasn't been grabbed before. i don't expect
this will significantly delay any other work on cocoon 2,
will it?