cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:11:17 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Ok... But in this way you're not talking about a Mail
> Servlet. You're talking about an E-Mail to HTTP gateway.
> It's a COMPLETELY different thing than integrating
> Cocoon into a mail server... (again, take a look at the
> James source code!

dude. i am now convinced that you have not actually been
reading my mail. i never once said i was talking about a
mail servlet. in fact i twice explicitly said i was not!

im not talking about an email to http gateway either. i'm
talking about subclasses of servlet request and servlet
response that can be used by cocoon interchangably with http
servlet requests and http servlet responses.

the sitemap is the only part of cocoon that depends on the
request uri, right? of the framework, i mean, not of
individual producers. if that's the case, then cocoon should
in general be able to operate on request and response
interfaces rather than on http specific request and response
classes. the parts of cocoon which are http specific should
only be invoked when handling requests known to be made via

View raw message