cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley ...@maz.org>
Subject Re: Cache
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:29:43 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> We thought also about having an MD5 representation of
> the HTTP request, and see if that one was equal to the
> previously received one (if a person enters the same
> data in a form, the page doesn't need to be
> regenerated)...

this is an approach we're taking with an object server we're
building, in order to assure atomic updates. we create a
hash when we fetch the object from the server, then when we
go to update the object, hash the stored object again and
compare it to the fetch hash. if the two are not the same,
the update fails.

we can guarantee objects of no larger than 32k
across-the-wire size tho. i dont know if hashing is a good
approach for larger data.