cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley ...@maz.org>
Subject Re: servlet or no? (was Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II)
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:16:27 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Or probably you're not fond enough about HTTP, servlets
> and their similarities or differences from the SMTP and
> the email world to see that in most cases they cannot
> coexist.

unfortunately you don't know enough about my work to make
that claim. as a matter of fact i am very fond of http.

you persist in claiming that i am trying to rehash your
decision not to implement an smtp server with servlets. i'm
not. im claiming that the servlet request/response classes
can be the appropriate interface for the
producer/processor/serializer engine, that it doesn't need
to be limited to being http-specific.

to me there is a big difference between "servlets" and
everything that word implies, and the simple data structures
that are requests and responses.